Benefit Numbers (local and national)

Help with benefit appeals      01612176003

Housing Benefit                       0161 217 6015

Council Tax                               0161 217 6014

Tax Credit                                          0345 300 3900

Universal Credit                      0345 600 072

ESA helpline                             0345 608 8545/ 0843 504 7178

PIP helpline                              0345 850 3322

DLA                     0345 712 3456

AA                                                            0345 605 6055

Career Allowance                      0345 608 4321

DWP helpline                             0345 608 8545/ 0843 504 7178

Tax credits helpline                   0345 300 3900

Welfare Rights                            0161 2176003

CAB                                              03444111444

Adult Social Care                        0161 217 6029

Housing Standard                      0161 474 4181

Stockport Jobcentre plus          0843 487 1844

Pension credits                           0800 99 1234

State Pension-Help making a claim      0800 731 7898

Contact the Pension Service for information about your State Pension. You can also report a change in your circumstances, for example your address or bank account details-                                       0345 606 0265


Citizens Advice guide to debt

Citizens Advice - Help with debt Advice on domestic debt, credit cards and more More...

Citizens Advice guide to Carer’s Allownce

Citizens Advice guide to Carer's Allowance Useful information on Carer's Allowance   More...

Benefits for people who are sick or disabled

Benefits for people who are sick or disabled Guide to benefits from Citizens Advice More...

Pension Wise

Pension Wise Comprehensive advice on your pension, how to contribute and how to use it.

St Mary’s Sexual Assault Referral Centre

St Mary's Sexual Assault Referral Centre 0161 276 6515 If you have been raped or sexually assaulted, help to recover from the physical and mental effect - current and historic   More...

Bridging To Change

Bridging To Change 0161 872 1100 Changing domestic abuse behaviour   More...


Respect 0808 802 4040 A confidential and anonymous helpline for anyone concerned about their violence and/or abuse towards a partner or ex-partner   More...

Karma Nirvana

Karma Nirvana 0800 5999 247 Supporting victims of honour based abuse and forced marriage   More...

Stockport Victim Support 0161 474 4682 Help for victims who have been affected by a crime   More...

Greater Manchester Victims Services Website providing useful information and practical advice for victims and survivors of crime, and their families) More...

Cheshire and Greater Manchester CRC Supervises offenders assessed as posing either a low or medium risk of committing a serious crime 01442 296 011 More...

Carers Allowance

    Carer's Allowance If you are a looking after someone, you may be entitled to Carer's Allowance. You don't have to be related to the person who you are caring for More information on this Government website More......

Attendance Allowance

Attendance Allowance If you are mentally or physically disabled and over 65 you could be entitled to Attendance Allowance to help with the cost of personal care More information on this Government website  ...

Personal Independence Payment (PIP)

Personal Independence Payment (PIP) Personal Independence Payment (PIP) is a benefit to compensate for the extra cost of living with an illness or disability. The amount you get depends on how your condition affects you, not the condition itself. More information from...

Translate »